Flash to Pass Diode MX5 Pop Up Lights"
Diode to install for the "flash to pass" mod on MK1 MX5's.
Simple, 5 minute job which allows you to pop your lights up and down quickly by simply pulling on the headlight stalk.
If your MX5 already lets you flash your lights up and down quickly using the stalk, then you don't need this diode. If you can only flash them up and down using the button on the dash, then this is the answer to your problems.
1. Remove 3 screws underneath the plastic steering wheel cowl.
2. Remove the plastic cowl, even just the top half will do.
3. There is a white plug visible now behind the steering wheel, unclip/pull it out.
4. The diode has a grey ring at one end of the black center, push the end with the grey band into the plug where the black and white cable is.
5. Push the other end into the plug where the red and white cable is.
6. Replace the plug and test that your new mod has worked.
7. Put everything back together.
8. Enjoy, feel superior and wave at your MX5 friends the easy way.